I love crocheting and I love yarn! My three-year-old daughter is well aware of this, so when my husband asked what she wanted to get me for Christmas, she told him, “Yarn.”
Well, my awesome husband took our daughter to Hobby Lobby to pick out yarn for me. Turns out she went through about seven picks before she settled on one. I know that life, girl! How to choose! She ended up with Baby Bee Sweet Delight yarn in a light purple color called “Sugarplum.”
So following one of the tips in my own video for making crochet more affordable (available here on Youtube), I regifted the yarn back to her…in the form of a scarf!
I made up the pattern for the scarf as I went, but then did write the pattern down so I (or you!) could make it again!
If you want to follow the video tutorial, it is available here on Youtube, and below is the written pattern!
I used Baby Bee Sweet Delight yarn from Hobby Lobby, but any light weight (3) yarn will work.
The scarf took approximately 2 oz which was about ⅓ of the skein I had.
Size I/5.5 mm hook
Yarn Needle (optional)
Finished size: 40 by 3 inches
Stitch Abbreviations Used
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
pc= popcorn stitch
st = stitch
For dc, initial ch 2 counts as 1st stitch
For sc, I do not do a ch after turning
To create the popcorn stitch (PC):
Crochet 5 dc into the same st; drop the loop; insert your loose hook from back to front into the 1st dc, then insert through your dropped loop and pul it through the 1st dc.
- Foundation chain: Ch 109
- Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each chain across, turn (108 st)
- Row 2: ch 2, skip 1st st, dc in next 4, pc in next, *dc in next 10, pc in next* until 4th from last stitch, then dc in final 3 st of row, turn (10 pc, 98 dc)
- Row 3: sc in each stitch across, turn (108 sc—make sure you only put 1 sc in each pc!)
- Row 4: ch 2, skip 1st st, dc in next 9, pc in next, *dc in next 10, pc in next* until 9th from last stitch, then dc in final 8 st of row, turn (9 pc, 99 dc)
- Row 5: sc in each stitch across, turn (108 sc)
- Row 6: ch 2, skip 1st st, dc in next 2, pc in next, *dc in next 10, pc in next* until 6th from last stitch, then dc in final 5 st of row, turn (10 pc, 98 dc)
- Row 7: sc in each stitch across, turn (108 sc)
- Row 8: ch 2, skip 1st st, dc in next 7, pc in next, *dc in next 10, pc in next* until 12th from last stitch, then dc in final 11 st of row, turn (9 pc, 99 dc)
- Row 9: sc in each stitch across, turn (108 sc)
Fasten off. Weave in all ends.
With my written pattern and video; I am trying to appeal to all the learning styles. Is there another way that YOU would like to help YOU learn more?? Let me know in the comments!
Now it is time for YOU to Get Crafty with Ashy!
©Polkadot Toddler Crochet Scarf COPYRIGHT
Please do not copy, redistribute or sell my pattern in any way. All photos/videos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Crafty with Ashy unless otherwise noted. Please do not claim my content as your own. If you repost, please credit to my original work. You are more than welcome to sell your finished Crochet Cuddly Car Seat Baby Blanket. I ask that you please credit me for the pattern.