“The Chosen” 3-Fish Logo Crochet Scarf is the perfect accessory for fan of the TV show “The Chosen”. The scarf pattern can be adjusted for length as needed, of the motif chart can be used to make other items if desired.
I love the TV show, “The Chosen,” and when I saw the 3-fish logo I knew I could use that to create a beautiful, simple, powerful scarf. The logo itself is very powerful in its simplicity.
“Be a teal fish” has gone around The Chosen Fan Club Facebook page, and I love that idea. Stand out from the crowd. Be bold, be bright, and go in the right direction.
This scarf is the perfect compliment to your “The Chosen” gifts! it will go nicely with the hoodies and beanies!
To create the scarf, use the crochet chart and use a mosaic-type crochet technique.
This means you will do all single crochet, and you will use 3 colors while carrying the working yarn along while you are crocheting. Each “block” of your graph paper is one single crochet.
When you get to a “filled” block, you change colors, then change back for each “empty” block. You do not cut your yarn, you just continue to work over the yarn, changing colors frequently, until you are done with the color-changing sections, then you can cut your yarn and have the tail weaved in (either by working over or weaving in after.)
So for this pattern, I used the three colors in the 3 fish logo: black, grey, and teal.
Below are the pattern and the video tutorial.
Let’s get on with HOW to actually make “The Chosen” 3-Fish Logo Crochet Scarf!
First, let’s talk materials.
I used “I Love This Yarn” medium weight acrylic yarn from Hobby Lobby.
1 skein black (color A), approx 2 oz of each Graybeard (color B) and Peacock (color C)
I use a size F/3.75 mm aluminum crochet hook.
You’ll want something to cut your yarn (scissors, nail clippers, etc) and a tapestry needle to weave in ends.
You’ll also need the written pattern and the chart version of the pattern found at the bottom of the page.
*Note: The chart version is a pictorial representation of where color changes happen in the pattern. To use the chart work from bottom right and go back and forth in rows.
Size and Gauge
Finished size: 71.5 by 5.5 inches
Gauge: 19 tc for 5 rows = 5.5″ square block using a size F/3.75 mm hook
Stitch Abbreviations Used
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
cc = Change colors
hdc = half double crochet
hdc2tog = half double crochet two together (half double crochet decrease)
dc = double crochet
dc2tog = double crochet two together (double crochet decrease)
tc = treble crochet
ssc = stacked single crochet
- At the end of each sc row, I do NOT chain one and then turn, I just turn and go straight into my first sc. I find that I get a straighter edge that way. Feel free to chain one, then turn if that is what you prefer.
- When changing colors during the single crochet stitch: yarn over, insert hook, pull up loop, change colors then pull a loop through both loops on hook.
- I used stacked single crochet (ssc) instead of turning chains (2 ssc for double crochet rows, 3 ssc for treble crochet rows); You may use turning chains instead.
- ssc or turning chain counts as a stitch
Foundation chain: in color 1-ch 28, turn
- Row 1-31: follow the PDF chart (from bottom right to top left) (27)
- Row 32: hdc in first stitch, hdc2tog in next 2, hdc in next 21, hdc2tog in next 2, hdc in final, turn (25)
- Row 33: hdc in first stitch, hdc2tog in next 2, hdc in next 19, hdc2tog in next 2, hdc in final, turn (23)
- Row 34: 2 ssc in first stitch, dc2tog in next 2, dc in next 17, dc2tog in next 2, dc in final, turn (21)
- Row 35: 2 ssc in first stitch, dc2tog in next 2, dc in next 15, dc2tog in next 2, dc in final, turn (19)
- Row 36-82: 3 ssc in first stitch, tc in each stitch across (19)
- Row 83: 2 ssc in first stitch, 2 dc in next, dc in next 15, 2 dc in next, dc in final, turn (21)
- Row 84: 2 ssc in first stitch, 2 dc in next, dc in next 17, 2 dc in next, dc in final, turn (23)
- Row 85: hdc in first stitch, 2 hdc in next, hdc in next 19, 2 hdc in next, hdc in final, turn (25)
- Row 86: hdc in first stitch, 2 hdc in next, hdc in next 21, 2 hdc in next, hdc in final, turn (27)
- Row 87-117: follow the PDF chart with 27 sc in each row
- Row 83-84: 2 ssc in first stitch, 2 dc in next, dc in next 15, 2 dc in next, dc in final, turn (21 st)
- Row 85-86: hdc in first stitch, 2 hdc in next, hdc in next 2, hdc3tog in next 2, hdc in final, turn (25, 23 st)
- Row 87-117: follow the PDF chart (from top left to bottom right) (27)
Click here for the “The Chosen” 3-Fish Logo Crochet Scarf Pattern and Chart
With my written pattern, chart, and video; I am trying to appeal to all the learning styles. Is there another way that YOU would like to help YOU learn more?? Let me know in the comments!
Now it is time for YOU to Get Crafty with Ashy!
©CROCHET “The Chosen” SCARF
Please do not copy, redistribute or sell my pattern in any way. All photos, designs, and patterns are copyright of Crafty with Ashy unless otherwise noted. Please do not claim my content as your own. Do Not repost the pattern chart. You may link to my post to direct people to the chart. You are more than welcome to sell your finished CROCHET “The Chosen” SCARF. I ask that you please credit me for the pattern.